We understand that your privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. This notice sets out what we do with your personal information, what we do to keep it secure, from where and how we collect it, as well as your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies if you interact with us on our website.
1. Important information and who we are
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Who we are
This website is operated by Spot Promotions / Spot Distribution Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 04508493 (“Spot Promotions/Spot Distribution/Object Products”, “we”, “us” and/or “our”). Our registered address is Unit D4, Chamberhall Business park
Harvard Road, Bury, BL9 0FU. You can contact us as indicated under “Contact”.
The data controller responsible for your personal data is Spot Promotions/Spot Distribution with whom your contract is with as a customer.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us and periodically review your account settings on our website.
3. Personal information that this website collects and why we collect it
We collect your data to enable us to process your order and manage your account.
The data this website collects includes:
- Identification and contact information – such as your name and contact details (address, email, telephone number), date of birth, gender, and information when you register on the website, apply for a job with us, become a customer, order products through our website or start to work with us.
- Optional information which you consent to give us and allow us to use so we can provide you with our services. This does not include Special Categories of personal data.
- Customer service information you give to us when you ask us for any help and support.
- Accounting and transaction data relating to what you buy from us and the running of our business (financial information is often anonymised – for example, we do not receive card details when you use one to pay us). We also collect your order history, to allow you an easier customer journey on the website.
- Information from others which you ask or authorise them to provide to us. For example, from your employer or past employers when we ask for further details about you, or referrals from our clients and suppliers.
- Marketing information and preferences.
- Statistical information such as information that forms part of the aggregate information. So, for example, we may combine (aggregate) information about how you use the website and use it to share with our partners so we can bring the best discounts and offers to our website.
- Publicly available data such as information you share on social media.
If you choose not to provide us with personal data, we may be unable to provide some services to you. For example, without your address we will not be able to send you any products you order.
4. Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. We do not transfer data outside the EU.
There may be times when we must share your personal data with others to allow authorised third parties to provide services to us. For example, organisations who host our websites, so they stay online and are secure and organisations who provide us with email services so we can send and receive emails. Our authorised third parties are:
- Justin Tagg, Hyperreal, 62 vesta house, East London, E20 1AN (email marketing and shopper behaviour)
- Bubble Creative Solutions, 8 The Town Hall, Towcester Northants NN12 6BS (website hosting)
Otherwise we will only share your personal information if you have consented to this.
Where relevant, we take all steps required by law to protect personal data such as, for example, having written agreements with those third parties.
5. How do we collect your data?
- You directly provide Spot Promotions / Object Products with all of the data we collect
- Information you provide to us when you buy from us or ask us to provide goods and/or services to you.
- Forms you complete, such as when you register with us or ask to subscribe to our newsletters and emails
- The information you provide when you communicate with us such as during a meeting or session or by email or telephone.
- Information you provide when using our website (such as when you ask us to help or provide support or give us feedback) or social media (for example, you may comment on one of our blogs or social media posts).
- Any surveys or feedback requests which you choose to complete or competitions which you choose to enter.
- We collect this data and process this data when you purchase products on our website, and if you contact us directly regarding your order
When you use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
6. How do we use your data?
We collect and process your data to allow us to run our business in a professional manner, including being able to:
- Supply you with goods and/or services you have asked us for and to fulfil our contractual obligations to you
- Send you any information you have asked for or which may interest you, where you have consented to this happening, or information we need to tell you about
- Send you regular emails and newsletters on our products if you have registered to do so
- Manage our relationship and communicate with you, including letting you know about important changes
- Deal with any request for help or answer your queries and customer support generally
- Interact and respond to you on social media
- Give you the best user experience and to enable you to participate in any interactive features of our website
- Ask third parties to provide services to us including professional advisors, IT (including cloud providers), marketing, and outsourced services to help run our business properly and efficiently
- Have your consent where applicable (for example, any marketing where your consent is required)
- Fulfil our contractual obligations to suppliers and other third parties
- Assess your ability and suitability if you wish to work with or for us
- Comply with regulations and legislation
- To analyse and monitor how our Website is used and to help us to administer it (including security and fraud detection) and to run our business generally
- Manage our business properly and efficiently
- Have other legitimate interests to do so
7. How do we store your data?
We securely store your data at Unit 16, Clayton Court, The City Works, Welcomb Street, Manchester, M11 2NB. We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
The law says that we cannot process your data unless we have a lawful basis for doing so. There are several lawful bases which we rely on, including:
- Consent – when you agree that we can use your personal data in a particular way. You can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing email@example.com if you change your mind
- Contractual obligations – to fulfil our contractual obligations to you or because you have asked us to do something before we enter into a contract together
- Legal obligation – when the law says that we must, such as for tax reasons
- Legitimate Interest – Sometimes we will process your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
8. Data retention
Unless you have specifically agreed otherwise, we will only keep your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed and/or to enable us to comply with our legal obligations, for example for tax purposes.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the legal requirements. For example, details of your orders will be kept for as long as we need to retain that data to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements, this is usually 7 years unless the law prescribes a longer period.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for marketing purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We use Google Analytics information which processes anonymised information to assist us to provide a better website experience. This includes the pages you visit on our website, how long you spend on our website and how you got to our website.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
10. Google Adwords
From time to time, our website may use Google AdWords for marketing purposes to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to our site.
11. Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation which, in certain circumstances, you may be able to exercise in relation to the personal information we process about you
- the right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- the right to restrict our use of your personal information;
- the right to be forgotten;
- the right of data portability; and
- the right to object to our use of your personal information.
Where we rely on consent as the legal basis on which we process your personal information, you may also withdraw that consent at any time.
If you are seeking to exercise any of these rights, or have any questions about our policy, please contact us through the “Contact Us” page, in writing at DF Corp LTD, Unit 16 Clayton Court, Welcomb Street, Manchester, M11 2NB or email us on GDPR@spotpromotions.co.uk
You can also lodge any data protection complaints with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who is the UK’s supervisory authority. You can visit https://ico.org.uk/ for more information including the best ways to contact them.
Please note that we will need to verify your identity before we can fulfil any of your rights under data protection law. This helps us to protect the personal information belonging to our customer against fraudulent requests.